Special Needs

Special Needs

Protect Those Who Can’t Protect Themselves

If someone you love has a physical or developmental disability, it may be up to you to ensure they are provided for financially. This can be a daunting task. We can help. Contact Willis B. Carman of Carman, Callahan & Ingham, LLP today.

Our legal guardianship services are for:

  • Guardianships for incapacitated and developmentally disabled persons

  • Protecting and caring for the elderly

  • Protecting and caring for people with physical disabilities

  • Protecting and caring for people with special needs

  • Protecting and caring for children

Contact us today to ensure financial stability for your loved one.

Case study

A client’s elderly mother suffered a severe stroke. Unfortunately, she did not have a Health Care Proxy or Power of Attorney. As a result, she did not have anyone legally authorized to make medical or financial decisions for her.  

The client had no choice but to seek to be appointed guardian by the court. We guided him through the court proceedings, and he was appointed guardian for his mother. 

Takeaway: Basic planning documents, such as a Power of Attorney and a Health Care Proxy, can avoid lengthy and costly court proceedings.