Willis B. Carman (“Bill”) has over 30 years of legal experience. After earning his law degree at Fordham School of Law in 1989 he began his career in the Nassau County Attorney’s Office, where he defended the County in personal injury and civil rights cases. Serving as Deputy County Attorney, he gained extensive courtroom experience in personal injury and civil rights litigation. He then worked as an associate at a prominent Long Island personal injury firm, where he represented plaintiffs in personal injury and medical malpractice litigation.
In 2004, he came to the family firm to work alongside his father, the late Willis B. Carman Jr. Since then, Bill has diligently represented countless clients in Elder Law, Estate Planning, Real Estate, Business Transactions, and other matters. Bill understands that each client’s needs are unique and may involve complex, sensitive issues. He handles all his client matters with compassion and a tireless attention to detail.
Beyond sharing his professional legal expertise in the community and to his loyal clientele, Bill is a father of 3 children. He coached all of his children in soccer and baseball through the Garden City Centennial Soccer Club and Garden City Athletic Association. He is a member of the Farmingdale Rotary Club and the Farmingdale Chamber of Commerce. Outside of the firm, Bill enjoys fishing and golf.
- New York State
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States Court of International Trade
- New York State Bar Association
- Elder Law and Special Needs Section
- Trust and Estates Law Section
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Elder Law Committee
- Surrogate’s Court Estates & Trust Committee
- Municipal Law Committee
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Elder Law & Estate Planning Committee
- Real Property Committee
- Estate Planning Council of Suffolk County
- Farmingdale Rotary Club
- Farmingdale Chamber of Commerce
- Farmingdale High School, 1979
- New York University, B.A. 1983
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D. 1989